Thursday, March 27, 2008

THE NEXT HLAF

Hey!!
So I am at the internet cafe writing this instead of at the base, so i'm not writing this on word, so dont mind the spelling mistakes as i try to write fast.
We are down to the last 2 days before outreach, so we have been busy preparing, doing last miunte planning things, and paking up. WOW. Its acctaully intense...I am very sad about leaving half the team as they go off to Mozambique and Swaziland, my team of 8 is heaing up to Namibia now instead of Israel. I was a little disappointed at frist, but i am very very happy to be staying in Africa to tell the truth - Israel can come later. :P So I have no idea at all where EXACTLY we will be going, but we will be staying with some bushmen apparently for a little while, so that wil be very cool.
I am going into this expecting alot acctaullly. I am expecting God to challenge me with my faith - I am going to have to stretch my faith and wow, just keep positive! These last few days have been so amazing, i am totally just enjoying life. I have no reason to be down or to frown, because well, God rocks. I am just completely happy and content and its an amazing feeling guys!! However, i do know that outreach is going to be something different...but i am going to love it.
We won't have internet that often, but i will post when i can, and call when i can as well. :)
This last weeks teaching as been on Family and family life and such...it has been very good. My family has really been placed on my heart, and I realize that i can't forget about them, because they are a part of me, and family is the most important thing. I realize i have to pray and interceed for them and just love them!! And ya guys, my family really does rock even though sometimes they really don't. haha.
so ya!! I am just smiling and laughing and having a good time, at the same time learning alot, and discovering alot about myself and WHO I am. When i look back on the last three months i am amazed at how far i have come. People on the base comment, - Tierney, you have changed since the begnning! I"m like, Ya i know! hah.
Sooo.......the plan is.....leave tomorrow for cape town or port elizebeth for a week and .... ya thats all i know so far. Keep ya updated.
Hope everything is going well in Canada culture....don't work to hard and don't watch too much TV. that is my advice for today. :) Keep your mind open, not closed on the things of the world.
Expand your territory.
Sorry, i don't have a verse for today.
BUT i do have something cool to say, i found out what my name means!! And i dunno if my parents knew this, but it means:: - "Graceful Spirit." COOL EH, i totally suit my name. I love my name.
Okay, well enough of this, i'll write another blog later, the time is really adding up here.
Love you all, God Bless.
Tierney

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Tierney! I love your blog. I'm going to read it as faithfully as I can. Your outreach is going to be AMAZING and I can't wait to hear your stories! You're such a fantastic girl and I love you. Keep on rockin' out for JESUS!