Monday, March 17, 2008

Duuuuude. The first weekend in March I was at the beach, and was just me and some girls, so we had out shirts off to tan our stomachs, and it was only for like 1 hour or so. And I thought, oh I don’t need to put sunscreen on my stomach cuz my shirt won’t be off long, and it wasn’t, but I got the worst burn I’ve ever had on my stomach! Like, I’ve never actually burnt there before, its quite weird, and stupid, like in Canada, I never would have burnt like that, in some places my skin is like, crispy hahaha, so not good for me …African sun I warn you if you ever come to Africa to wear sunscreen always.
Tonight we are doing an ‘open Heaven.’ We have the lounge open alllll night and we sign up for a time; there will be people praying all night long , just for whatever, but a focus on the community here and stuff. Myra and I are on the 12AM-1AM shift. So I’m trying to stay up till then. Steve, Tim and I have just finished making our team T-shirt design.
This weekend I went to Port Elizebeth with some friends, Natasha is from there so we stayed at her place. It’s about 45 minutes away from Jeffrey’s Bay, and it was really nice. She has a nice house and lovely parents, and the bed was soo nice to sleep in, my goodness. It was a nice change.
This weeks lecture is about performing arts, and it’s absolutely amazing. This is all about what I want to do with myself…..the first day we learned a dance and a few sweet dramas. The second day we split into groups, one to make a drama, one to make a dance and one to write a song. I was in the song writing group and together we wrote a sweet kick-ass song. (Am I allowed to say that?) haha, no, we are actually going to record it. So…it is so much fun, I am THOURALY enjoying myself. I love expressing myself through dance and music and the arts. So there is a group starting in July that will be doing something similar and I am very thinking about joining them…writing songs and dancing and teaching people?? How amazing?? So this week is defiantly one of my favourite weeks.
I would have to say that so far this month God has been challenging me with prayer. Prayer is an amazing thing…!! Conversation and communion with God. Interceding. I learn that God hears EVERY prayer no matter what I might think or feel. And seeing the effects of prayer is such a cool thing. I’m starting to see answers to my prayers, or if I’m not, I keep at it, and learn that its not just words. PUSH. – Pray Until Something Happens.
Yaw….there’s just so much going on and so much I’m learning that I can’t type it all, haha, I could also just write a sermon lol. :)
You’ll just have to see when I get back. … also see the 10 or so pounds that I’ve gained haha. SO THERE to all you who said I couldn’t gain weight haha. :P
Funny.
Sooo!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS YOU AND HAVE A SUPER AWESOME DAY.

I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live…and find satisfaction in all his toil -- this is the gift of God.
Ecclesiastes 3:12-13

Let us throw off everything that hinders us and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on JESUS, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, and the shame, and sat down at the throne of God. Think of him who endured such opposition so you will not grow tired and lose heart.
Hebrews 12:1-3

No comments: