Friday, January 11, 2008

JEFREEYS BAY

WOW.
Well it is amazing here.
Greetings from The Canadian.
The plane rides were so long and tiring but I managed around the airports fairly well. My luggage was soo heavy and i had to drag it along, and my wrists and arms hurt haha, but it was totally worth it, as soon as i landed in Port Elizebeth i had a smile on my face.
When i arrived i met 2 of my team members - Sun Young and Sea hea, from South Korea, they are so nice, and funny and fun to talk to.
It is gorgeous here....warm - I am getting a nice tan, but it does get quite windy in the afternoons/evenings.
The staff here at the base are so nice ,there is always laughter and smiles and they are easy to get along with. They are mostly black, and speak good english, so that is good.
The last few days me and 'the Koreans' have just been hangin around, we go to the beach for a bit, eat, have an afternoon nap..it is very layed back as we wait for the other team members to get here, and the school part will start on monday.
The beach is SO NICE! HUGE waves and surfers.....I would love to spend more time at the beach, but i can't so much becuase I can't go alone because it is not safe. We were told where we can and cannot go in the town and on the beach, however is it safer then I was excpeting.
The converters i brought are wrong, and do not fit into the electical outets here, so i am looking for one here.....not sure if i'll find one so i am not sure how often i will be able to go on the internet, however i will try to update often....
In conclusion, i love it here.
:)

3 comments:

Dani_hearts_teriney said...

I LOVE YOU... haha do you love my user name?

Dani_hearts_teriney said...

Woops i spelt your names wrong in my username haha sorry

TierneyJessica said...

aww i love you so much !!