Heyy,
So I washed my own clothes a few days ago, and it was actually hard, I was working up a sweat. We fill a big basin/bucket thing with water and laundry soap and then squeeze and wash and rub and stuff and I felt like I was ruining my clothes but they are okay haha, we then hang them on the line and hope the kids don’t take them. Naw, it’s actually quite safe, but the kids like to run around here and try to get into the dorms and things. We’ve also had a few incidences with older guys but nothing major.
On the 18th we did this huge group prayer thing with all the DTS groups from the Sates and Hawaii and us, and we prayed for 4 African countries; Ethiopia, Uganda, Sudan and Kenya. It was really good, prayer in places like here and Guatemala are really loud and intense and anyways, we still don’t know where our outreach phase is going to be, but we are hoping to go to one of these countries. Personally for me, I would rather not Kenya because it is close to South Africa and I want to go to the North!!! It’ll be great though. Probably will not have internet, but we will see. I’ll keep in touch while I still can :P
So this first weeks topic has been about “Hearing the Voice of God.”
Wow.
Well now THAT is something worth learning!
I was feeling really down, like, man, I can’t hear the voice of God, who am I!? And after one of my teammates told a story about how she heard Him, and another teammate told a story about when she was little, and we are reading a book called ‘Is that you God?’ and it’s a true story about hearing the voice of God essentially, and so I was kind of feeling left out!
I have a story to tell, this morning (the 18th) during this prayer thing, this lady from the other team asked to pray for me, and she said, “now stop me if I’m wrong but I get the feeling that you feel distant, and feel like you are not good enough [to be used]” And it was amazing because that it how I felt, and it was just really great, you know…? I’m feeling in high spirits now.
Also in this afternoon we all went on a kind of, protest parade thing. The whole big group of us, DTS’s and staff walked around the poor area of the community holding a sign that read ‘Every War Has Its End.’ The night before there was a shop nearby robbed, and someone was shot as well. We walked and sang and played guitar and prayed and people looked at us and it was really neat to be a part of.
Then we walked to the beach and it was gorgeous, the sun was setting and the beach was almost empty, it was so nice!! We collected shells and we saw some dolphins, they weren’t all that close, but close enough that we could tell they were dolphins, it was really cool.
So now it’s the weekend!! We get weekends off so were are going to just hang out, catch up on sleep and hit the beach.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment